Tuesday 24 February 2009

Lonely Planet's The Big Trip - Where Dreams Come True...

As I mentioned a few months back, at the end of last year I won my second travel writing competition with Lonely Planet.

My winning article has now been published in Lonely Planet's "The Big Trip" guide book and is available in all STA Travel shops across Australia and New Zealand.

Living in the UK means that I will not have the chance to pick one up for myself. Luckily for me though, the guys at Lonely Planet in Australia posted me a few copies over and this is what it looks like - how very exciting!






8 comments:

David Atkinson said...

Good work. When's the big trip? D

Daniela said...

Thanks David!
I fly next Thursday.
I listened to your radio slot the other week, where you spoke about Twitter. I really enjoyed it, though I do think I am still going to abstain from joining for the time being...

hackpacker said...

Congratulations, Daniella. Glad to be on the same page as you.

Daniela said...

Indeed! I actually saw your details from the booklet itself.
So were you one of the main people behind this project?

I will have to keep an eye on your blog.

NEILHUGHES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hackpacker said...

Ye, it's pretty much all me in the booklet and mostly me in the longer LP book (I got a few friends to write about India, Africa and other places I haven't been).
Do keep an eye on hackpacker. Like most travel writiers I'm home for long periods when posts are quiet, but I'm about to head off on the Trans Mongolian Railway so there should be some interesting posts - especially if we're kidnapped by bandits.

Kim Wildman said...

Congratulations, Daniella! It's always great to see your work in book form - there's definitely something magical about it. Keep up the good work.

Daniela said...

Thankyou so much Kim. I've not long returned from my last trip and I'm in the process of writing now. Hopefully more to come in the future...
Daniela